The Indian state of West Bengal has developed the notion of a digital or e-ration card, by which citizens will get ration cards in a digital format. However, to transform India into a digital nation, one of the significant steps that have been introduced is the Digital Ration Card. Another step that has been introduced is the linking of Aadhaar with the WB Ration Card. The West Bengal digital ration card aims to provide basics like rice and wheat at INR 2 per kg. This scheme is also known as the Khadya Sathi and has been approved beneficial for the citizens of West Bengal.
However, numerous people will benefit from applying the WBPDS aadhaar link.
And also can avoid carrying their old paper-based ration cards during each visit. The Aadhaar link with the digital ration card is a significant step in India's digitization of projects under development.
Aadhar is the most comprehensive biometric system in the world. It offers Indian individuals a verified certificate of address proof. Your Aadhar card must have authentic and up-to-date data.
The main document may be utilized for banking transactions through the ‘Aadhaar Enabled Payment System’.You may be eligible for subsidized goods as well as other government-sponsored programs. The government encourages people to link their number to their WB ration aadhaar link online.
Table of contents
- West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS) Overview
- How to Link Aadhaar with West Bengal Digital Ration Card (WBPDS)
- Documents Required to Link Aadhaar with WBPDS
- WBPDS Ration Card Aadhaar Link with Mobile Process
- Check the Aadhaar Card Linked with WBPDS
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link Status
- Steps to Download West Bengal Ration Card Online
- How to Check e-KYC Status for Aadhaar Ration Card Link in West Bengal?
- West Bengal Digital Ration Card Update
- FAQ's about WBPDS Aadhaar Link
West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS) Overview
|Department||Department of Food and Supplied, Govt. of West Bengal|
|State||West Bengal State|
|Type of Ration Card||Digital Ration Card|
|Application Mode||The Resident of west Bengal can apply Online and Offline|
|Managed by||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Eligibility Criteria||The Applicant should be a legal and permanent resident of West Bengal State|
|Objective||Providing Food Items at a Subsidized Price|
|Ration Card Category Type||AAY, PHH/SPHH, RKSY-I, RKSY-II|
|Official web site||www[dot]wbpds[dot]gov[dot]in|
|WBPDS Helpline Number||1800 345 5505 or 1967|
How to Link Aadhaar with West Bengal Digital Ration Card (WBPDS)
To link the Aadhaar Card with your West Bengal digital Ration card, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Food Department - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in
- Once you enter the website, select the "link Aadhar and mobile with RC ” category.
- A new page will open with name “Link UIDAI Aadhaar with active cards”.
- Enter the “E-Kyc” details like “Select Ration Card Category” & “Enter Ration Card Number” and search.
- Once credentials are filled then ration card details will be displayed.
- Select the “Update Aadhaar and mobile number “category, fill the details and click on the verify button.
Once you enter the credentials, you can search your details. If a person does not remember the digital ration card number, don’t panic; the West Bengal government has made it much easier to locate your WB digital ration card number by following the listed steps.
Visit the West Bengal Food and Supplies Department website. There are two procedures for accessing the digital ration card number online:
- Ration card number with registered contact number
- Ration card number by name
Ration Card Number with Registered Mobile Number
To get your ration card number with a registered phone number, the following steps are:
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Food Department.
- Select the ration card option from the left corner and then choose the “Apply Online”.
- A drop-down menu will occur; you can select any options because it will take you to the same website’s page.
- Enter the registered phone number, and you will receive an OTP.
- Submit the OTP and log into the website page.
Ration Card Number by Name
- Go to the official website of the West Bengal food department.
- Choose the e-citizen category and view the ration card count.
- In the list, search for your name and state. Once identified, then select the name of your ration shop.
- You can either access your ration shop number from your neighbour's shop number.
- Download the file and save the excel file.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar with WBPDS
Some of the documents have been listed which are required to link ration cards with WBPDS.
- Residence proof
- Identity card proof
- Valid Contact number
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID/EPIC
- Age proof
- Copy of previous ration card , if available
Don't Miss Out!
Latest Documents on Aadhaar Card
|Aadhaar Password||How to Get eAadhaar Password|
|Link Aadhar to PM Kisan||How to Link Aadhaar to PM Kisan|
|Aadhar Appointment||How to Book an Appointment for Aadhar Enrolment|
|mAadhar||Download mAadhaar app|
|Bhuvan Aadhaar Portal||What is Bhuvan Aadhaar Portal?|
|Aadhar Card Lost||How to Recover Lost Aadhaar UID & EID Number|
|Masked Aadhar||How to Download Masked Aadhaar|
|eshrm Aadhaar Link||How to link Aadhaar with eshram Card?|
|Jan Aadhaar||How to Download Jan Aadhaar Card?|
|Aadhaar Download||Hpw to Print Aadhar Card|
|Aadhar Photo Update||How to Update Photo on Aadhaar Card?|
WBPDS Ration Card Aadhaar Link with Mobile Process
People can connect Aadhaar and Mobile Numbers to their Digital Ration Card via biometric authentication by assessors from Webel Technology Limited. The Department of Food & Supplies contracts the latter. Now, these auditors are visiting door to door to link Digital Ration Cards with Aadhaar and Mobile Numbers.
- Go to the Official Website - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in
- Select the ‘Link Ration Card with Aadhaar Card‘ option present on the right side of the Notice section.
- Fill in the mobile number and submit.
- After receiving the OTP on the registered contact number, fill up the OTP and press the ‘Proceed Button’.
- A new page will appear on the screen ‘Apply for Updation of Mobile Number and Aadhaar’ with the title.
- Select your Ration Card type in the Search box, enter your Ration Card Number, and click on the ‘Search’ option.
- Fill in the credentials such as name, Date of Birth, Address, and Aadhar Number. You also need to upload your Aadhar card photo.
- After filling in the details and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Once you click on the Next button, revise the details and submit.
- A new page will appear to ask for OTP. Click on ‘Get OTP’ and submit.
Check the Aadhaar Card Linked with WBPDS
To check whether your aadhar card is linked with your ration card or not, follow the steps:
- Go to the official portal - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in
- Select the ‘Ration Card Plus’ option on the left side.
- A drop-down menu will appear; select the “Verify Ration Card(e-RC/DRC)” option.
- Select the ‘Ration Card Category’ and enter ‘Ration Card Number’ with Captcha Code.
- A new page will appear on your screen, which will consist of details such as Name, Aadhaar number, and FPS details.
WBPDS Aadhaar Link Status
The following steps are mentioned to Wbpds aadhaar link status:
- Go to the website - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in
- Under the home category, click the “Check EKYC Status' ', option.
- Under the “Check EKYC Status” option, fill in the details such as “Enter Ration Card Number” and Select Ration Card Category.
- After filling in the details, you can check the status.
Steps to Download West Bengal Ration Card Online
The Procedure for Downloading West Bengal Ration Card Online is as follows:
- Go to the official website - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in
- Below the ‘For Official Purpose’ option, select ‘Official Login’.
- Fill the credentials with a security questions process.
- Select the ‘Login’ button.
- Once logged in, search for your ration card details and download it.
How to Check e-KYC Status for Aadhaar Ration Card Link in West Bengal?
Some of the steps are as follows to check e-KYC for the Aadhaar Ration Card link in West Bengal:
Step 1: Go to the official website of Wbpds - https://food[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot]in/food/
Step 2: On the left side of the webpage, under the ‘Services’ category. Select the ‘ Inquiry’ option.
Step 3: A drop-down menu will appear on the screen, click on the ‘ Check Aadhaar Linking Status’.
Step 4: You will be redirected to the new page, where you can ‘Check EKYC Status’ by entering the ‘Enter Ration Card Number’ and ‘Select Ration Card Category’. Further, click on the ‘Check Status’ button.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Update
The Government of West Bengal has provided tickets to people who still do not have digital ration cards. Applicants can apply for the coupon at BDO, district headquarters, SDO, or municipal department. The government issued a subsidized ration plan for the people during hard times like lockdown.
People will get rations for six months after the lockdown ends at Rs. 5 per kilogram. The following is specific information about the commodities, as well as the prize:
|Rice||Rs. 2 per kg|
|Wheat||Rs. 3 per Kg|
West Bengal Ration Card's Latest Update
50 Lakhs Ration Card Got Blocked by WB Food Department of Supply
Recently, the WBPDS (West Bengal Food Department) has banned 50 lakh ration cards. The West Bengal food supply department has been doing the work for the last 10 months. The Chief Minister aimed to recognise fraudulent, non-existent ration cards.
However, the state government has decided to block those ration cards and will stringent action against them. In addition, if an applicant is found with fake and non-existent ration cards, the department is deciding penalty charges for them. Moreover, the West Bengal food department has stated that we are in the process to block more ration cards.
Further, an applicant can also check who’s ration card got blocked by visiting the official site and filling out details such as ration card number, choosing a category and clicking on the search button.
Recently, the scheme Khadya or Link Aadhaar with West Bengal Digital Ration Card has been completed for five years. During the pandemic situation, the West Bengal government decided to provide food to the people in which ten crore people benefitted via a digital ration card also called the Khadya Sathi scheme. However, in 2016, management allowed cost-free food to citizens of West Bengal.
The West Bengal government has made rations attainable to 50 lakh people at half the average price. To link the ration card with the Aadhar card must visit the official website.
West Bengal Ration Card's (WBPDS) New Update:
Over the Past 8 Months: More than 1 Crore 14 Lakhs Ration Cards ‘Cancelled’
According to government reports, roughly 1 crore 14 lakh ration cards were cancelled in West Bengal over the last 8 months, putting the state's PDS(Public Distribution System) in risk.
As per state rationing division sources, numerous true rationing system users are also having difficulty getting their thumb impressions replicated.There appear to be two reasons for the enormous deactivations. Firstly, the biometric program's confirmation of the thumb impressions appears to be failed in the in a time machine. This method is also known as e-POS. Second, with the linking of users' Aadhaar numbers to their ration cards, it is now extremely difficult to have numerous ration cards below one name.
However, The Supreme Court has stipulated that no authentic ration card users should leave ration stores vacant, but if a ration store owner does give proportion in such real cases, they will face subjective mistreatment with penalty.
FAQ's about WBPDS Aadhaar Link
Q1. Who is eligible for a ration card in West Bengal?
The citizen should have a legal and permanent residence in West Bengal State. If an applicant does not have a ration card, then apply for a ration card under the Khadya Sathi scheme.
Q2. How do I check WBPDS?
Those who have applied for a new WB Digital Ration Card can check their status on the official website - wbpds[dot]wb[dot]gov[dot] in by entering the required details.
Q3. Is Aadhaar mandatory for ration cards in WB?
Yes, the Government of West Bengal has made it mandatory for the residents of West Bengal to link the ration card with the Aadhar card.