DigiLocker is a government initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), the Government of India, under its Digital India initiative. It is a secured cloud platform for storing, sharing, and verification of documents & certificates. These documents can be your Aadhar Card, PAN card, driving license, school mark sheets, insurance papers, Voter ID, policy documents, etc. To open your Digilocker account, you need a valid Aadhar number.
Table of contents
Features of DigiLocker
Here are some key features of DigiLocker that you must know;
- Being a secured cloud platform, DigiLocker is responsible for keeping a safe digital record of your original documents that can be used for verification purposes as per the user’s request.
- Allows citizens to enjoy long-term benefits and services for employment, education, health, government schemes, etc. For example, it can store personal health records under your Ayushman Bharat ID (ABHA ID).
- Digital documents can only be exchanged with the consent of the citizen.
- Allows citizens the flexibility to access documents anytime and anywhere
Objectives of DigiLocker
- Minimising the use of physical documents
- Enable sharing of e-documents across government agencies by validating the authenticity of documents online.
- Ensuring the authenticity of the electronic documents
- Offer hassle-free document accessibility to citizens
How to Use the DigiLocker App?
Using a DigiLocker App is easy; all you need to do is to create an account on Digilocker and upload all the necessary documents, such as passports, birth certificates, PAN card, address proof, etc. Once you have created an account and uploaded the documents, you can access them anywhere. All you need is a stable network.
How to Open a DigiLocker Account?
To open a DigiLocker Account, you need to follow some steps mentioned below;
Step 1: Visit the DigiLocker website at digilocker.gov.in. or download the application from the play/app store on your phone. Use your Aadhaar number to create a digital locker account. Before creating your account, ensure that your current mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar number.
Step 2: The next step involves signing up. Click on ‘Sign Up’, then enter details involving your full name, date of birth, and mobile number. Set up a security PIN and enter your email ID.
Step 3: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. After entering this, you will get two options; Fingerprint or One Time Password (OTP). You can use any options to proceed further.
Step 4: After completing the above steps, the application will prompt the user to create a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. Here, you can decide on the username of your account, set a strong password, and click on the Sign-Up button. Once your account creation is successful, the application will take you to the ‘Dashboard’ screen of the Digilocker.
Don't miss It
Latest Documents on Aadhaar Card
|AePS||Aadhaar Enable Payment System|
|Link Aadhar to PM Kisan||How to Link Aadhaar to PM Kisan|
|UIDAI||unique identification authority of india|
|mAadhaar||Download mAadhaar app|
|eshram Aadhaar Link||How to Link Aadhaar with e-shram Card?|
|Aadhar Card Lost||How to Recover Lost Aadhaar UID & EID Number|
|Masked Aadhar||How to Download Masked Aadhaar|
|eaadhaar||Eaadhar Download, Benefits & Check E-Aadhar Status|
|Aadhaar Biometric Update||How to Update Aadhar in Biometric?|
|Aadhaar Update||Change Name, Address, Mobile No. & DOB|
|Jan Aadhar Card||How to Download Jan Aadhar Card?|
How to Link Aadhaar Card with DigiLocker?
If your Aadhar card is not linked at the time of signing up in Digilocker, then here are the steps you need to follow to do the same;
- Log into your Digilocker account.
- Once you log in, you will find an option on the dashboard where you can add the Aadhaar number.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on the check box.
- Click on the ‘Link Now’ option.
- After this step, an OTP will be generated on your mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Verify’ option on the screen.
How to Download Documents in DigiLocker?
Downloading documents in DigiLocker becomes easier if you have uploaded all of them. You just need to follow these simple steps;
- Log into your DigiLocker account.
- Tap on the “Issued” option at the bottom of the app.
- A list of issued documents will open, from which you can download the required document by clicking on the three-dot option in its front.
FAQ's about DigiLocker Aadhaar Link
Q1. Can I add multiple Aadhaar in DigiLocker?
No, you can not add multiple Aadhaar in DigiLocker. One DigiLocker account allows you to add one Aadhar card only.
Q2. Is it safe to link Aadhaar with DigiLocker?
Yes, safe to link Aadhar with DigiLocker. Digilocker is a secure cloud platform that allows you to store necessary documents such as Aadhar Card, passport, Driving licenses, etc. Therefore, you can link your Aadhar with DigiLocker.
Q3. Can I have 2 DigiLocker accounts?
Yes, you can create 2 DigiLocker accounts using the same phone. However, you won’t be able to link your Aadhar card with your DigiLocker account.
Q4. Do banks accept DigiLocker?
Yes, banks accept DigiLocker. In 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that documents stored in the government-backed DigiLocker mobile application can now be used to complete the transaction process.