If you want to change your EPF nomination, you can do so online through the EPFO website.
Table of contents
Steps to Change EPF Nomination online
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official portal of EPFO Member e-Sewa.
Step 2: Log in using your UAN credentials and tap on the ‘Sign-in’ button.
Step 3: Under the ‘Manage’ tab, select ‘e-nomination’
Step 4: Select the ‘Enter new nomination’ option
Step 5: There will be a screen that displays the details of your profile.
Step 6: You can proceed by clicking on the 'Proceed' button.
Step 7: Add a new nominee or update the information of an existing nominee by selecting 'Yes' under the 'Family Declaration' section.
Step 8: Upload a photo of the nominee and details about the nominee.
Step 9: Click the 'Save EPF Nomination' button once you've entered the total number of shares for all nominees added.
Step 10: Within the 'Pending Nominations' section, click on 'e-Sign'.
Step 11: A dialogue box will pop up on the screen, click on ‘proceed’
Step 12: Enter your Aadhaar/ virtual number for verification and consent to using your Aadhaar data for e-KYC services.
Step 13: Enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile number and click on ‘Submit’
Note: New nominees are registered with EPFO upon verification of their OTP. A newly added or updated nominee's details will be listed under 'Nomination History' as 'Nomination Successful'.
Benefits of filing EPF e-nomination online
- After a person dies, claims can be settled online.
- Payment of pensions, insurance, and PF to nominated beneficiaries online.
- The process of claiming is fast and automated
EPF Nomination Rules
- To ensure that funds are transferred in case of the premature death of a member, every EPF account should have a nominee.
- Multiple nominees are allowed. In addition, the member can decide how much each nominee will receive.
- Members whose nominations were made before getting married will be considered invalid. Following marriage, updated nominations need to be filed.
- When nominated, nominations can be made by anyone who does not have a family. A member's nomination should be passed on to a family member once they have a family. Minors should have a family member as their guardian.
- Members' maturity amounts are paid to their nominees upon death. If a proportion is stated (if any), payment will be made based on that proportion.
- Funds are divided equally if no nominations are received. Usually, a distribution does not include a major son or a married daughter.
You May Also Like
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a nominee in a PF account?
A nominee in a PF account is a person who the account holder nominates to receive the benefits of the account in the event of the account holder's death.
Why are Nominees Important in EPF?
Nominees are important in EPF because they are the ones who will receive the EPF benefits in the event of the death of the account holder.
Is a nominee mandatory for EPF?
EPFO has made e-nomination mandatory.
What happens if there is no nominee in the EPF?
In case of no nomination in EPF, the PF amount is directly given to the family.
Can I withdraw PF without e-nomination?
You can withdraw your PF only when you retire or are unemployed for more than two months.
What is the percentage of nominees in EPF?
You can declare 100% of your shares as your nominee if you would only like to nominate one individual.