Indians typically request a duplicate PAN card when their original card is lost. In other situations, the card may be lost, stolen, or damaged. Applying for a duplicate PAN card, which necessitates the filing of an FIR, is a laborious process.
After filing the FIR, the applicant must seek a reprint of the card by submitting the old PAN and a copy of the FIR. However, most people choose to reapply for a new PAN card because of how long this process takes.
In exceptional circumstances, the applicant may ask how to get duplicate PAN card or reprint the card due to damage. In these circumstances, the PAN does
Table of contents
- Where can I download my PAN card online?
- How to Create a Duplicate PAN Card!
- Using an Aadhaar Card, Download a Duplicate PAN Card
- How to Apply for an Online PAN Card Duplicate Application
- Eligibility to Request a Duplicate PAN Card
- Required Documents for a Duplicate PAN Card
- How Can a Duplicate PAN Card Be Surrendered?
- Information Regarding Duplicate PAN Card Applications
- Situations in which a Duplicate PAN Card May be Required
- Important Information about Duplicate PAN Cards
- PAN Card Replacement for Damaged
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I download my PAN card online?
The Central Board of Direct Taxes Chief stated in the Union Budget 2019 that the government will establish centers across the nation to streamline the application process for e-PAN cards. If you’re wondering how to get a duplicate PAN card, read on!
You can obtain a soft copy of your PAN card (e-PAN card) from the Protean eGov Technologies Limited portal by providing your acknowledgment number, PAN, and date of birth.
You can download your e-PAN card with the acknowledgement number by following these steps:
Step 1: To download the e-PAN with an acknowledgement number, go to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited portal in Step 1.
Step 2: Enter the acknowledgement number that you were given.
Step 3: Select ‘Generate OTP.’
Step 4: Enter the OTP that was sent to your mobile device and press 'validate.'
Step 5: To directly get the e-PAN, select the 'Download PDF' option.
To download an electronic PAN card containing your PAN and date of birth, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the Protean eGov Technologies Limited download portal.
Step 2: Fill out the form with the necessary information, including the PAN, date of birth, and captcha code.
Step 3: Click 'Submit' to access the free e-PAN download.
How to Create a Duplicate PAN Card!
Step 1: You will be given a token number that you must have on hand for future use.
Step 2: After writing down the token number, click 'Continue with PAN Application Form' to continue.
Step 3: Personal Information You must decide how to send in your PAN application paperwork under the 'Personal Details' section.
Step 4: You can select one of the following three submission methods:
- Submit electronically using e-sign and e-KYC.
- Send scanned documents via e-Sign.
- Physically forward the documents.
If you want a physical PAN card, you must check the appropriate box:
- You'll need to input your Aadhaar number after that.
- Number EID
- Identified via the Aadhaar card
- Names of the mother and father
Step 5: When finished, select 'Next.' You'll need to input your Aadhaar number after that.
Contact and Other Details
- You need to select the 'address for communication' under this category. It can be your home or place of business.
- Include your address information.
- Once finished, you must provide your contact information and email address.
After double-checking everything, click 'next.'
The final section of the application for a duplicate PAN card is this one.
- You must submit a copy of your Aadhaar card as identification, address, and date of birth evidence.
- Once the file has been submitted, you must add the declaration by typing your name, location, and date.
- Click 'Submit' after double-checking the data.
The website will direct you to a payment page where you must complete the payment when you click 'Submit' on the Document Details page.
An acknowledgment number will be provided to you once the payment has been made. You can check the status of your PAN card application and delivery using this 15-digit number.
Within two weeks of the application date, you should have your duplicate PAN card.
PAN Card More Information
Using an Aadhaar Card, Download a Duplicate PAN Card
You have the opportunity to download a duplicate PAN card or reprint a PAN card using your Aadhaar card from Protean eGov Technologies Limited. You can use your Aadhaar Card to request a duplicate PAN card by following the instructions below:
Step 1: Go to https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html to access the Income Tax Department's official TIN-Protean eGov Technologies Limited website.
Step 2: Complete the form by entering the necessary information, including your PAN, Aadhaar number, birthdate, and GSTIN (optional).
Step 3: Tick the box next to the statement that says 'Terms and Conditions.'
Step 4: Type the Captcha code into the appropriate box.
Step 5: To continue, click the 'Submit' button.
Step 6: You will be taken to a new web page after being redirected, where you can scroll down and choose the option to get a One-Time Password (OTP) on the contact information you have on file (email ID and mobile phone number).
Step 7: Create the OTP and input it into the appropriate area.
Step 8: To submit your request for the issuance of a duplicate Aadhaar card or reprint Aadhaar card, click the 'Validate' button.
How to Apply for an Online PAN Card Duplicate Application
If you want to submit an offline application for a duplicate PAN card, you must do the following:
Step 1: The 'Request for New PAN Card and/or Changes or Corrections in PAN Data' form must be downloaded or printed.
Step 2. Fill out the form.
Step 3: State the 10-digit PAN number you have.
Step 4: Attach two of your passport-sized photos and carefully cross-sign the document.
Step 5: You must return the form to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited facility together with all other required paperwork, including identification and address proof.
Step 6: Ensure that the payment is made. Once you receive your form, Protean eGov Technologies Limited will analyse it and give you a 15-digit reference number.
Step 7: You may also use the 15-digit reference number to verify the status of your application.
Step 8: The Income-tax PAN services unit will receive the application. You should get your duplicate PAN Card or your reprinted PAN Card within fourteen days of applying for the same if the information provided that the information you give is accurate.
Eligibility to Request a Duplicate PAN Card
- Limited Liability Partnerships/Firms
- Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs)
In addition to people, the authorised signatory must submit a PAN application.
Required Documents for a Duplicate PAN Card
The list of documents you must provide to get a duplicate PAN card is shown below:
- Identity documents that can be self-attested, such as a driver's licence, voter ID, or Aadhaar.
- Self-attested documents proving your address, such as utility bills, bank account statements, and Aadhaar.
- A document with your signature on it that contains your birth date, such as a passport, matriculation certificate, birth certificate, etc.
- PAN card self-attested copy or PAN allocation letter.
How Can a Duplicate PAN Card Be Surrendered?
You must submit one of them because it is against the law to have two PAN cards with two separate PAN numbers. You can surrender PAN cards by doing the following:
Step 1: Compose a letter asking your assessing officer to return your PAN card. Make sure you give the required information for each of your PAN cards.
Step 2: Clearly state which PAN card you want to submit and which one you want to keep.
Step 3: You must present the letter to your assessing officer, who will then provide you with an acknowledgment number as proof that the PAN Card you surrendered has been canceled.
Information Regarding Duplicate PAN Card Applications
- Your PAN card loss must be reported by filing a FIR first. Send the Protean eGov Technologies Limited office the FIR copy and the papers required for a PAN card reprint.
- If the communication address is in India, there is a processing fee of Rs. 110, inclusive of taxes, for these applications.
- The processing fee for a PAN Card application when the address is outside of India is Rs. 1020 (taxes included).
- Application fee payments may be made by applicants using a demand deposit, credit card, debit card, or even net banking.
- If applicants choose to pay with credit or debit cards, the bank that provides the gateway facility will charge an additional 2 percent.
- Rates of exchange or conversion may also be important.
- When a payment is made successfully, an acknowledgement will be shown that must be stored. To send this acknowledgement to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited e-Gov website, you must print it off and mail it.
- If the applicant is a minor, their Aadhaar number must be entered in the application form. This number will then be validated after that.
- An authorised signatory, such as the Karta in the case of a HUF, the Partner in the case of a partnership firm, the Director in the case of a corporation, the Trustee in the case of a trust, and the authorised signatory in the case of all other categories, must sign the acceptance receipt for a non-individual PAN applicant.
- A magistrate, a gazetted officer, or a notary public must authenticate a thumbprint used as a signature with an official stamp and seal.
- The address on your Aadhaar will receive delivery of your PAN card.
- When addressing the application, label the top of the envelope ‘Application for Reprint of PAN-Acknowledgement Number.’
Situations in which a Duplicate PAN Card May be Required
A person, business, or trust may need a duplicate PAN card for a variety of reasons, some of which are listed below.
- Loss or theft: Since the majority of us keep our PAN cards in our wallets, it is possible to lose them when your wallet is stolen. This is one of the main justifications given for requesting a second PAN card. Uncertain of where we left our cards, we frequently misplace them. On such occasions, one may also submit an application for a duplicate PAN.
- Damaged: A PAN card may become damaged for a number of reasons, forcing us to reprint it.
- Change in information: A PAN card may have errors that call for edits and/or a new print run.
Please Note: To replace or reprint your PAN card, visit one of the many third-party websites that offer this service. Although they are usable, there is no guarantee of their authenticity, so it is advised to utilise the official website instead.
Important Information about Duplicate PAN Cards
The following are some key considerations regarding duplicate PAN cards that you should have in mind:
- You must go to the closest police station to submit an FIR if your PAN card is stolen.
- When requesting a duplicate PAN Card, a copy of the FIR must be supplied in addition to other necessary paperwork.
- It is required that you write 'Acknowledgement No . - (*************) - Application for Reprint of PAN or Application for modifications or correction in PAN data' on the top of your envelope if you are mailing the PAN application acknowledgement by registered mail.
- When requesting a duplicate PAN card, you must pay an application fee. The application fee is Rs. 110 for Indian residents and Rs. 1,020 for non-residents.
- The address listed on your Aadhaar Card will receive a copy of your PAN card.
PAN Card Replacement for Damaged
Take the actions listed below to replace a damaged card.
Step 1: Visit the Protean eGov Technologies Limited website-https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com
Step 2: Fill out the online PAN replacement form.
Step 3: Select 'Submit.'
Step 4: The applicant must verify that all entry fields are accurate; otherwise, the application cannot be submitted.
Step 5: If you need to make modifications to your PAN card, fill in the corresponding box with the necessary revisions.
Step 6: Type your PAN information and address.
Step 7: The applicant's Aadhaar card information must be submitted with the application form for requests for new PAN cards.
Step 8: The acknowledgment will be displayed once you submit your entry. The acknowledgment shall include:
- Room for signature
- A 15-digit acknowledgment number that is special.
- Details of Identity Proof, Address, and Birthdate (applicable for individual and HUF applicants)
- Paying Information
- Contact Information
- Continuous Account Number (PAN)
- The applicant's name
- A place for a photo (if the user is an 'Individual')
- Date of birth, incorporation, agreement, partnership, formation of a body of people or trust deed, or formation of a group of people
- Father's Name (if 'Individual' is selected)
- Aadhaar No.
You can track the PAN verification's progress after receiving the acknowledgment. Within five days of getting the acknowledgement, the verification must be completed. The steps listed below can be used to check PAN verification using your PAN number.
Step 1: Access the PAN card financial service website of Protean eGov Technologies Limited.
Step 2: To replace or get a new PAN card printed, enter your current PAN card number.
Step 3: Then, fill out the captcha.
Step 4: When you're finished, click 'Submit.'
Step 5: The PAN verification status will then be shown on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will I Have to Report The Loss of My PAN Card to The Local Police Department?
Yes, A copy of the FIR documenting the loss of your PAN card must be obtained. It will serve as evidence that you have misplaced your PAN card and will aid in your request for a replacement card.
When I Receive My Duplicate PAN Card, Do I Have to Link My Aadhaar Again?
You won't need to link your Aadhaar to your PAN if your PAN number hasn't changed.
Will I Have to Link My Aadhaar Again After Getting My Duplicate PAN Card?
You won't need to link your Aadhaar to your PAN if your PAN number hasn't changed.
I Can't Recall My PAN Number Because I Lost my PAN. What Ought I To Do?
Use the 'Know Your PAN' service offered by the Income Tax Department if you have misplaced your PAN or cannot recall the PAN number. This information can be found on the Income Tax Department's official website.
What Information Do I Need to Supply to Find out My PAN?
To obtain your PAN information, you must give information like your name, the name of your father, and your birthdate.